Children—especially younger ones—are prone to putting toys in their mouths, blissfully unconcerned that the toy was just on the ground or outside in the dirt. Keeping toys clean is vital for your children’s health as well as the health of everyone else in your household. The good news is that it’s not all that difficult! Continue reading to learn a few tips for cleaning baby toys in Frisco, TX:
- Follow manufacturers’ guidelines: Upon buying a new toy, check the packaging or tag to see how the toy designer recommends cleaning and disinfecting it. If the toy is dishwasher safe, you’re in the clear—as you’ll see below, dishwashers are unbeatable when it comes to keeping toys clean.
- Utilize the dishwasher: Put any dishwasher-safe toys on the top rack of your dishwasher and wash them using regular detergent. Using the normal cycle will typically be enough to get any toys clean and germ-free. For best results, use the heated cycle to dry toys and prevent mold and bacteria buildup.
- Use diluted bleach: Don’t worry—all isn’t lost if your toy isn’t dishwasher safe. Clean toys using soapy water and then disinfect them using a solution of diluted bleach. One tablespoon of bleach to one gallon of water will zap any germs and prevent them from coming back any time soon.
- Clean often: Whether you use soapy water and bleach or the dishwasher, be sure that you clean those toys often. Regularly cleaning children’s toys in Frisco, TX prevents germs from becoming an issue, which means your kids will be less likely to get sick.
- Keep a tidy home: Cleaning toys regularly prevents germs from becoming an issue, but you’ll also need to clean and disinfect your home to get rid of germs in the first place. Cleaning your floors, vacuuming and wiping down surfaces with anti-bacterial wipes is an easy way to ensure your toys are bacteria-free.
- Be careful with visitors: Having other kids over for playdates is a fantastic way to teach your children sharing and social skills, but before inviting their friends over, be sure they’re not sick! Germy hands and mouths touching your children’s toys will surely pass any sickness along to your kids.
Call our team for home cleaning services!
As mentioned above, keeping a clean home is essential for ensuring clean toys. Here’s why you should hire our team to clean your house instead of doing it yourself:
- Ensure good health: When you hire our team to clean your house, you can rest easy knowing that your home will be free of germs that can make you or your kids sick. We also use products that are safe for cleaning baby toys in Frisco, TX.
- Save your time: You surely have better things to do with your day than cleaning. While you’re out enjoying time with friends and family, we’ll be hard at work cleaning up your home.
Contact Scrubs Home Cleaning today to get an estimate for home cleaning, including cleaning children’s toys in Frisco, TX. When you hire our team, you can rest easy knowing that your home will be sparkling clean and free of germs.
Categorised in: Home Cleaning