Between Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas, there are many holidays right around the corner. For many people, that means inviting over a ton of guests to enjoy in the festivities. If you’re one of those people, you might be wondering how to keep your house clean during the holidays. Keeping your home clean during the holidays is actually really easy, even with many people coming in and out of your house. Just be sure to follow all the holiday cleaning tips we’ve provided below:
- Use the right cleaning supplies: There’s always a huge variety of cleaning products and supplies to choose from at the grocery store. It’s important to choose a cleaning product that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals, as these could easily damage countertops, fabrics and more. Some people prefer to make their own cleaning solution out of vinegar, water and dish soap. Simply spray this solution on your stove, sink and other surfaces to instantly clean up stains and remove germs.
- Clean out the refrigerator: During the holidays, you’ll want plenty of room in your fridge for appetizers, leftovers, drinks and more. That means cleaning out all the old food and other items that have been sitting in your fridge for weeks or even months. It’s a good idea to remove all items in your fridge from time to time and clean the shelves. Consider spraying the shelves with your homemade cleaner and wiping away any spills. This will help prevent the growth of mold and bacteria.
- Keep the windows clear: A great way to keep your house clean and prepare for the arrival of guests is to clean all the windows with a soft rag and cleaning solution. It’s amazing how much a clean window can brighten up any room.
- Don’t let your trash can overfill: Trash receptacles can fill up quickly during a holiday party due to paper plates, glass bottles and other disposable items. A full trash can will instantly make the room look dirty. That’s why it’s good to take out your trash or recycling as soon as the bin gets full.
- Make sure your bathroom is spotless: You don’t want guests judging your home based on a dirty bathroom. Check all the nooks and crannies of your bathroom for dust, hair and other forms of dirt and debris. It’s also important to routinely clean your shower, toilet, sinks and mirrors with a soft rag or brush.
- Hire a top-quality cleaning service: When preparing to host a big party, one of the best things you can do is hire a professional cleaning service. While it’s possible to give your home a deep clean on your own, this is often difficult and time-consuming. Hiring a professional cleaning service allows you to spend more time on other aspects of party planning. Professional cleaners also know how to give your home a deep clean without missing any of that hidden dirt or dust.
Maybe these holiday cleaning tips have you wondering whether you’re up to the task of getting your house ready for the seasonal festivities. If you’re looking to invest in a top-quality cleaning job for your home, contact the professionals at Scrubs Home Cleaning. We offer competitive rates on all our cleaning services, which include kitchen cleaning, bathroom cleaning, deep cleaning and much more. Reach out to learn more and schedule service!
Categorised in: Home Cleaning