Finding a new housekeeper from a trustworthy housekeeping service in Frisco, TX requires you to do some research and interview representatives from a few different companies. This is especially important now that we’re dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic, and cleanliness is more crucial than ever. You need a housekeeper you can trust with your important items, who will get the job done to your specifications and is appropriately licensed, bonded and insured.
Here’s how to choose a new cleaning service or housekeeper:
- Do your research: You can do a Google search for housekeepers, and in fact, that’s a good place to start—but don’t stop there. Like anything on the internet, it’s easy for a company to call themselves the “best,” whether or not they actually are. Look at online reviews on sites like Yelp and Google, and ask your friends and family which services they use, too. Researching helps you identify the top candidates and gives you a good place to start interviews.
- Interview multiple companies or housekeepers: Next, you’ll need to interview the housekeepers or housekeeping companies. Have a list of your specific needs and questions prepared—for example, how large your home is, the type of cleaning you’re looking for, whether they’re flexible in scheduling, how they like to be paid and other important items. Try to meet with a manager or owner of the company as well as the person who will be cleaning your home.
- Discuss costs or ask for an estimate: Ask your potential companies for an estimate or their hourly rate. Ask them what the cost includes and if there are any fees that you might not anticipate. If they don’t provide their own cleaning supplies and equipment, the cost should be somewhat lower.
- Ask for references: Each company should be happy to provide you with contact information so you can ask former or current clients about what their experiences have been like.
- Check the business credentials: Working with a licensed, bonded and insured cleaning company is very important. You want to ensure that if something goes wrong, such as injuries or stolen or broken items, you’ll be protected from liability.
- Get a written contract: Getting your housekeeping contract is important, as it holds you both to a legally binding agreement that can’t be altered without both parties agreeing—you’ll know exactly what you’ve committed to paying for, for how long and to whom. You should ask them to include not only the tasks that they’ll be performing, but in which parts of your home and the timeframe in which you can generally expect the work to be completed.
- Prepare your home and pets: Finally, before your housekeeper comes, secure your valuables and personal items. You might consider straightening up a bit, depending on whether you’ve signed up for strict cleaning or housekeeping services, too. And making sure your pets are in an area where they won’t interfere or get stressed is a good idea for housekeepers and pets alike.
For a trustworthy housekeeping service in Frisco, TX, call Scrubs Home Cleaning right away.
Categorised in: Housekeeping