Putting off cleaning the house until the springtime is common for many homeowners. But don’t fall into the spring-cleaning trap—instead, make a habit of cleaning your house during the winter, when the days are shorter and chillier. Keep reading to learn why you ought to clean your home during wintertime:
- You’re home more often: We know it’s tempting to kick back and binge-watch your favorite TV show when it’s cold outside. But you might consider cleaning your home instead of being a couch potato this winter. It’s not the most thrilling way to spend an afternoon, but you’ll feel better afterward living in a clean and healthy home.
- Cleaning keeps you busy: If there’s one thing cleaning is good for, it’s keeping you occupied. Time flies by when you spend a few hours cleaning up your house. We know these tasks aren’t fun, but you’ll be able to enjoy more time outdoors in the spring and summer if you clean your house now.
- Houses get dustier in the winter: Because windows aren’t open and furnaces are running, dust accumulates faster in the colder months than in spring and summer. For that reason, winter is the perfect time for cleaning. Be sure to dust all of those hard-to-reach spots to reduce allergens and keep your home as healthy as possible.
- Winter is the sick season: Winter is typically the time of year when many of us get sick—and once one person in your household falls ill, it’s only a matter of time before everyone catches the bug. Take some time to deep clean your home to eliminate all of those nasty germs.
- You may have family coming over: The holidays are often the busiest time of year for having friends and family over. If that’s the case for you, be sure your house looks its best. Tidy up now to ensure your home is presentable for all of your guests.
Which areas need to be cleaned this winter?
Now that we’ve covered why you should clean your home during wintertime, let’s get into where you need to focus your cleaning efforts. Winter is a great time to clean these often-forgotten spots:
- Trash cans: Garbage bins are a hotbed for germs, which can cause health problems throughout your home. After taking your garbage bags out, take a moment to disinfect the interior and exterior of your trash can.
- Toilet brushes and holders: You hopefully scrub your toilet bowls regularly, but those toilet germs don’t just magically disappear after you put the scrubber back in its holder. Now is a great time to sanitize your brushes and holders with bleach.
- Underneath furniture: Those dust bunnies mentioned above often accumulate underneath all of your furniture. Have someone lift your couches and other furniture so you can vacuum them up.
Leave the cleaning to the pros!
Although winter is the perfect time for cleaning, you certainly have more enjoyable things to do with your time this season. Be sure to hire the team at Scrubs Home Cleaning instead of doing all the work yourself. Contact us today to get your free estimate for all of our cleaning services.
Categorised in: Home Cleaning