We all want what’s best for our families, and many of us try to do the right thing to be kind to Mother Nature. Luckily, you can do both at once by purchasing green cleaning products, but keep in mind that not all eco-friendly cleaners are created equal.
Keep reading to learn how to choose the best household cleaners and to get our picks on the best household cleaning products 2022.
Ways to pick green cleaning products
Don’t fall for the trap of paying extra for a product that isn’t as green as it claims to be. Here are some tips on finding the best green cleaning products:
- Use professional resources: Sources like the Environmental Working Group (EWG) Guide the Healthy Cleaning contain product reviews on green products written by scientists. Trust these sources to ensure you buy quality products.
- Be wary of greenwashing: Just because a cleaner has a label claiming to be all-natural or green doesn’t necessarily mean that it is. Some companies will put those labels on their cleaners even though they contain harmful chemicals. Read the back label, and double-check with the EWG Guide to confirm whether the product is actually green.
- Look for seals: The packaging on truly green products may have some kind of certification, like the Environmental Protection Agency’s Safer Choice seal, that indicates the formulas have passed toxicity testing. Cleaners that haven’t been tested on animals have a Leaping Bunny seal on them.
- Start small: Some people can have an adverse reaction to green cleaning products the first time they use them. To avoid a full outbreak, we recommend patch testing any new cleaners in a small area before using them throughout the house.
This year’s best household cleaning products
Following the tips above will help ensure you get the best cleaning products. Here are a few of our favorite green cleaners:
- Bronner’s Pure-Castile Liquid Soap: This product is designed for use across the house, but it can even be used to clean skin. It’s made of all-natural ingredients like olive oil, coconut oil, vitamin E and citric acid.
- Eco-me Natural Powerful Toilet Bowl Cleaner: Unlike most toilet bowl cleaners, this product doesn’t contain sulfates, synthetic fragrances or any chemicals that can damage septic tanks. Plus, it has a refreshing mint scent that’s not overwhelming.
- Bon Ami Powder Cleanser: When you need to do some tough scrubbing, turn to Bon Ami Powder Cleanser. This cleaner is made of naturally-occurring feldspar and calcite, and it’s fantastic for cleaning pots and pans, most kitchen counters, stoves, tubs, sinks and more. It’s essentially the only surface cleaner you’ll ever need to buy.
Let our team clean your home
Using the best household cleaning products 2022 goes a long way in getting your home squeaky clean, but for the best results, be sure to hire our team at Scrubs Home Cleaning to do the dirty work for you. Get your free estimate today, or give us a call to learn about all of our cleaning services.
Categorised in: Home Cleaning