‘Tis the season to get your home ready for holiday visitors, but all of that prepping can be exhausting. Between preparing spare rooms for overnight guests, planning holiday meals and getting rid of clutter, you might feel like you don’t have enough time to property clean your home.
Even though you have a lot on your plate this holiday season, it’s worth it to take some time to clean your baseboards. Over time, baseboards can begin to accumulate layers of dirt and grime, and that can detract from the overall appearance of your home. To get your baseboards looking great before your holiday guests come into town, simply follow some basic house cleaning tips in Frisco, TX:
- Start by clearing space: Before you can begin cleaning your baseboards, you need to move your furniture and clear away clutter so that you can access them. Move your furniture to the center of the room so that you have plenty of space to scrub your baseboards. If you have hardwood floors, you don’t have to worry too much about spills, but if you have carpeting, it’s a good idea to lay out some towels as you work your way around the room to clean.
- Dust: Once you’ve cleared some space to clean your baseboards, dry dust them to get rid of some of the dirt and particles. Dusting beforehand allows you to scrub your baseboards more effectively. You can use a feather duster or microfiber cloth for this step.
- Gather cleaning supplies: To clean your baseboards, you’ll need a bucket, some warm water, gentle dishwashing liquid and a clean cloth. Mix a little bit of your dishwashing soap in with your warm water to create suds. Dip your clean cloth into the water and ring it out so that your cloth is damp, but not saturated with water.
- Clean: Start wiping down your baseboards with your microfiber cloth and periodically get fresh soapy water if it begins to look dirty. Work your way around the room until all of your baseboards have been thoroughly wiped down.
- Dry: You can dry your baseboards with towels or simply set up a few fans to speed up the air-drying process. Whichever method you use, it’s important to allow your baseboards to dry completely before you move your furniture back into place.
Baseboard cleaning is worth it, but it also requires quite a bit of time and energy. If you don’t have enough time to clean your baseboards, consider hiring a professional to help with house cleaning in Frisco, TX. A pro can take care of these deep cleaning services for you so that you can focus on everything else on your holiday to-do list.
Get professional help with house cleaning in Frisco, TX by reaching out to the team at Scrubs Home Cleaning. Since 2005, our family owned and operated business has been providing customers with comprehensive cleaning services. Whether you need one-time help with a deep clean or you’re looking for regular, scheduled cleaning service, our team is here to assist you. Give us a call today to get started with our services!
Categorised in: Home Cleaning