When it comes to cleaning, we often try to do as little as possible and get done as quickly as we can so we can move on to the other things that feel more important (or enjoyable). However, cutting corners and skipping some of these spots that many people forget about leads to a buildup of dust, germs and allergens. Hire professional cleaning services in Frisco, TX to make sure you get every nook and cranny, and follow these tips to make sure you’re getting all the places in your home that you’re probably missing:
- Doorknobs: Doorknobs are filthy. We all put our hands on them every day after accomplishing an array of tasks. While we may use a paper towel to grip public door handles in bathrooms, we completely forget about the grime that might be on the doorknobs in our own homes. Make sure you wipe down door handles with a disinfectant from time to time.
- Windowsills: Windowsills and baseboards are other places that often get forgotten and can harbor dust and debris. Spray your disinfectant or cleaning solution onto windowsills and wipe down with a damp cloth or paper towel. You’ll definitely notice a difference!
- Exterior doors: We clean our windows indoors and out, but many people forget the exterior doors! Heavy winds and storms can make a big difference to the exterior of your home. Wiping down your exterior doors might reveal that bright color you’d forgotten was there!
- Light switches: Light switches are another area that we don’t think about how often we touch, and how grimy our hands are. A good professional cleaning service in Frisco, TX will always clean light switches and doorknobs and other areas you might forget, but it’s a good idea to clean these periodically yourself between scheduled cleanings.
- Top of the fridge: As soon as you read this, we guarantee you thought about the collection of dust on top of your fridge. It may be hard to reach, but if you’re brave enough, grab a step stool, gloves, a paper towel and your favorite cleaning product and attack that accumulation of dust that’s hanging out in your kitchen.
- Top of the medicine cabinet and bathroom mirrors: Similar to the dust on top of your fridge, “out of sight, out of mind” applies to the tops of your medicine cabinet and bathroom mirrors. Unless you live with a particularly tall person (or are one yourself!), you’ll likely want to grab a step stool to investigate the state of the top of your cabinets and mirrors in the bathroom and give them a good washing down.
- Underneath major appliances: The areas underneath appliances are just as forgotten about as the tops of them. Periodically, it’s a good idea to move large appliances out from the wall and sweep, mop or vacuum underneath them. You don’t want to live with the dust and grime that have likely accumulated there!
If there are any spots on this list that make you squirm, chances are you’ve been missing them—perhaps for quite a while! It’s time for some deep cleaning and upkeep. Or, you can hire a professional cleaning service in Frisco, TX to take care of these frightening spaces for you. Scrubs Home Cleaning is a full-service cleaning company that provides both routine and deep cleaning services. Get an estimate today!
Categorised in: Professional Cleaning Services