Baseboards are one of the features in your home that probably tend to get overlooked when it comes time to do some housekeeping. They’re neither floors nor furniture, which means they probably aren’t going to get as much attention. However, your baseboards do need to be cleaned regularly, just like the other parts of your home. We recommend doing so a couple times a year, but more frequent cleanings will make the job easier, and will reduce the overall amount of dust you have in your home.
Here’s a quick overview of how you can get the best results out of your baseboard cleaning in Frisco, TX:
- Clear the walls: Push away furniture or other clutter so you have at least three feet of space around all of the walls in the room you’re working. You’ll need enough room for yourself and any cleaning equipment you’re using to easily pass through the area. This will significantly cut down on any frustrations you might experience during the cleaning process.
- Use a mat: You’re going to be on your knees a lot during the process of cleaning your baseboards, so if you have sensitive knees or joints, we strongly encourage you to use a padded mat that you can take with you around the room.
- Dust or vacuum: Before you start the more thorough cleaning processes, you should go around the room and either vacuum or dust off the baseboards. Use either a dry microfiber cloth or a dust attachment on your vacuum cleaner. This will eliminate loose dirt, dust and cobwebs and clear the area for your cleaning solution.
- Apply cleaning solution: You only need a few drops of dishwashing liquid or other cleaner for every couple quarts of warm water. Create your mixture, then use a cleaning cloth and dip it into the soapy water. Wring out the cloth—you don’t want it to be oversaturated—then begin wiping down the baseboards, putting a bit of elbow grease into your scrubbing. Pay special attention to dirt or grime that appears to be stuck on—you should be as thorough as you can.
- Pay attention to the corners and cracks: If there are small areas that are hard to get to with your cloth, you can instead use a cotton swab to focus on corners, edges and detailed areas. These are the areas where the dust is most likely to accumulate, so you should pay special attention to those spots.
- Rinse and repeat: Rinse the area with clean water and another cloth, and go back over each area as necessary with more soapy solution until you’re satisfied with the results.
- Dry: When you’re finished, dry off the baseboards with a clean, dry towel or set up fans to air-dry them. Do not move furniture back into place until the baseboards are fully dry.
Want to learn more about the benefits of cleaning baseboards in Frisco, TX? Reach out to the team at Scrubs Home Cleaning today for more information and tips.
Categorised in: Home Cleaning